Sunday, May 03, 2009

BABY SHOWER + CHOCOLATE = PERFECT.




A beautiful friend wanted to organise a baby shower for me. But feeling like I had two in my first pregnancy made me feel a bit greedy having another one.

So we compromised. It was a 'no baby shower' Baby Shower. You know: fuss free, game free and present free (but there were some naughty friends who couldn't resist a present or two).

I guess you could say that it was non-traditional. Held at a chocolate cafe called Koko Black (delish!) we sat around in a circle and talked about babies, birth and other stuff that girls, when put together discuss on the odd occasion.

Now that the day is over, I am reflecting about friends. And how blessed I am to have so many wonderful ones. I know that I could go to any of these friends with any problem and they would be there to help, to support, to make me laugh. Even be there for a should to cry on.

There's a saying that goes something like this: if you live life and have just one good friend, then you are blessed. I confess, I don't know the word that means more than blessed. Because that's how I feel today.

Above: Daniella (the baby shower host) & I comparing bellies (she at 34 weeks, me at 37 weeks); and my beautiful friends.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a really good day. Wish so much I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx