Friday, April 09, 2010

day eight | pantry delights

These days, the words, "Mum, look what Noah did" are filled with wonder and dread.

Wonder because, seriously, how did he outsmart me this time?

And dread, because I will need to find a chunk of time to clean up "what Noah did".

So, with two big work project deadlines looming (last one due tomorrow morning), I confess to not having a plethora of patience I may otherwise had for my son's curiosity.

Usually, it is amazing seeing the world through the eyes of children. And usually I laugh with them,or grumble under my breath whilst laughing like a mad woman. (They usually cannot tell the difference between the two.)
But today it wasn't so funny.

And that's not really my children's fault. I blame it on time limitations, stress and lack of sleep.

So today while unpacking the groceries while on my project deadline break, Noah decided he'd unpack the pantry. This in itself is not a new thing. He's been doing this for weeks. He even has an order now. Tins on the floor - check. Packets on the floor - check. Pasta on the floor - check. Spreads on the floor - check.

But today he discovered he can open a new cupboard. The cupboard with new things in it.

He hit gold when he came across the icing sugar duster (complete with filled-to-the-top icing sugar).

Now, I'm not sure how he did it, but while I was cleaning up the tins and packets, he crawled off with the container in his hand and went dusting.

Out of the kitchen, into the hallway, down the hall, down his shirt, down his shorts.

That's when I was alerted.

And when I grabbed the camera, it was just in time for me to take a photo before Madison then dusted himself and the whole floor area in his radius.

Let me tell you, I'm not looking forward the time when Noah can say the words, "Mum, look what Madison did."

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is funny now that you can look at it with the distance of nearly a year. I'm laughing. Very intrepid. And to manage so much dusting in such a short time - genius!

    Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a similar experience with plain flour. And yesterday I found the freezer door open and dripping on the floor. They keep you on your toes don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx