Sunday, June 06, 2010

lesson six | my boys are going to eat me out of house and home

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating." - Luciano Pavarotti


As my stepmother nicely puts it, my son Madison is a hoover. He's got a great appetite, and it's been the same since he was first born.

I'm so glad.

Because I've heard stories about children who don't eat, barely eat, and are fussy eaters.

Then I had Noah, and I was sure he was going to be different. But he's not.

He's also a hoover.

And when Madison and Noah ate their lunch today, both had seconds, while Madison ate another whole sandwich.

And it's not so much of a learning experience, but more of a realisation.

Each of them eat twice as much as I do. (And let's just say, I don't eat like a bird.)

And as they get older, it's only going to get worse.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, your shopping is going to be soooo expensive in 10 years time!

    My girls are of the "fussy eater variety", although when we are around other people they act like I never feed them *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx