Wednesday, July 28, 2010

28th plan b | remember more of this

And then it seemed just like a dream
When wide eyed, side by side
We faced the future holding hands - Steve Green



If we could capture all these precious moments in our minds like we can in our cameras, wouldn't getting older be more rewarding? You know, remembering every good moment, even every bad one?

Just lately, I've been worried sick I'm going to forget all these beautiful moments, and just remember the bad ones.

The reason for my worry? I want to remember it all. I write down as much as I can. My camera is always at the ready.

And already I'm forgetting.

My reality check came when my mum was here last week. Although she remembers quite a bit about us growing up, she doesn't remember a lot (that's okay, she said it too). And I know I'm just going to forget more as time passes by.

I don't want to forget. I want to remember.

And that makes me feel a little sad. Because I know that the prime of my life is the here and now. While my children are young. Although it's mad busy, this time will pass and I will crave these moments all over again.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for scrapbooking where we can link our journalling with the photos. I really enjoy your posts and especially your arty photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Vanessawith3! (I'm assuming 3 kidlets?)

    Scrapbooking is great for journalling, I just wish I had more time for journalling, and just a plain good memory! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx