Friday, July 02, 2010

2nd plan b | reading instead of working, eating instead of cooking

Take it easy, take it easy
Don’t let the sound of your own wheels
Drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don’t even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
And take it easy. - The Eagles


It sure is hard to be reliable when a child is sick. Every plan you make ends up being put out on the front lawn like hard rubbish. All because we want to reduce the risk of spreading the infection to friends (and their kids), minimise the unknown quantity of a grumpy child's random behaviour out of the home, and ensure they have enough rest.

Perhaps it's the germs in the air, but I don't feel Quite Right either. So, today was another day of cuddles and doing very, very little.

While the boys slept today, instead of jumping onto the computer immediately to update a website and work on a new publication, I rested for a while too. I lay on my bed and read a book*. In fact, I realised this week that this is the first time I've been able to read a book without falling asleep. How did I get here?

And my other Plan B for today?

Friends... where would we be without wonderful friends? Tonight at 6pm, a friend had delivered (via another beautiful friend) home-made soup to our front door (in the cold, wet rain). So instead of needing to prepare dinner, we were able to eat a hot, healthy and delicious meal. Thanks so much Anna.

*Shameless plug: the book I'm reading is called Brinn: War In Her Veins written by Jotham Kingston. It's hard to put down, and such a great read.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx