Saturday, July 31, 2010

31st plan b | ending up here

And just when I stopped looking
I saw just how far I’d come
In this life – Delta Goodrem


I guess nobody knows how their life is going to turn out, least of all, me.

But as the end of another month arrives I reflect on the Plan B's of this month, this year, and the many years before this. The friends I chose, the subjects, the school. My decision not to study primary school teaching, and do an accounting course instead. The boyfriends, the jobs, the places I've lived.

Each decision taking me to exactly where I am today.

I almost laugh at my naive claim of not wanting to get married, or having any children. And yet, here I am mother of two, step mother to two and married for almost ten years.

How life takes its twists and turns.

And although I am here at a place I never thought I'd be, there isn't a choice that I've made that I've regretted. Because it's led me here, to who I am right now.

And so far the journey has been worth it.

I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you for joining me on my alternative journey.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so dilligent with al your posts!!! It is such a lovely way of seeing what you have been up to over the months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just visited via Life In A Pink Fibro.

    I love this post. I often think that while I have wound up a long way from where I planned I am exactly where I should be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in via the Fibro. This is a really thought-provoking topic. I think it's so important to realise that we are who we are by the choices we make and that every choice ultimately becomes the right decision. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think if life was a journey from A to B, it would be dull. Far better to go via Z with the occasional T intersection and U-turn. Thanks for rewinding at the Fibro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a terrible one for thinking "what if?" But I realise that no matter what bad decisions I have made, they brought me here, to a family that I love and support me in every way. I feel blessed.
    A lovely post, thank you. (Visiting from the Fibro). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I'm teaching senior students I really try to impress upon them that the decisions they make at the end of yr 12 don't have to be 'it' for the rest of their lives...

    The only thing about my life that is the way I would have predicted is that I am a mum - everything else has been a wild unpredictable ride!!
    I'm rather pleased with the path my life took :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx