Friday, September 03, 2010

b is for books

Books: Foster a love of reading and give a lifelong gift. Books lay seeds in a child's imagination and provide a means of escape. Books also serve to remind there are always alternatives in life.


After Madison's weekly swimming lesson we used to pop around to the library just behind the Aquatic Centre for our fill of extra books. But of late, I've become lazy (or is that busy?)
Luckily, a recent episode of Playschool reminded Madison about the joy of lending books.
"Mummy can we please get some books from the libaray?" he lisped after the television show was over.

Of course I say a big yes. Because I tire of the books at our place. Not that book again. Can't we please read something else?

And my voice. It gets hoarse from the animation. But they love it. Noah can't talk yet, but another book is pushed into my face. I know what he's asking. Please read another, and another...

So, books in the morning, books at quiet time and books in the evening. I sure hope they love reading later as much as they love it now. Please, please, please let it be so.

How about you? If it were up to you or your children, would you read to them all day?

The A-Z of Parenting Tips were inspired by this article in the Courier Mail.

1 comment:

  1. Foster the love of books as you already are. It is such a valuable tool, as exhausting as it can be reading the same book over and over. For me that is Maisy at the moment - well loved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx