Friday, December 10, 2010

10 reasons why i have 17 books by my bed


I can't help it. I have a pile of books by my bed that starts on the floor and goes as high as my mattress. Well, if it was in one pile, it would reach my mattress. But because a pile that high doesn't actually stay balanced, it's three smaller piles.

And here's why I have so many books:
  1. I'm addicted to Amazon online and bookshops.
  2. I've rediscovered my love affair with the public library.
  3. I'm always in the mood to read something different.
  4. I like to have options.
  5. I love to cook: that means lots of cookbooks.
  6. People know I'm a sucker for a good book: so, I'm loaned many.
  7. I'm nosey: I can't help but browse friends bookshelves. And no sooner than I've snooped, I'm asking for that book.
  8. Because I have to read it now.
  9. Or I might forget about that book.
  10. And I don't want to miss out on anything.

2 comments:

  1. Both my husband and my eleven year old always have many books on the go at once. I am more inclined to stick with one at a time. Have you heard of the Book Depository? Cheap books with no postage. Come from UK in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, you sound like me. I got two new Amazon books in the mail today. Of course those immediately move to the top of the mountain of books on my nightstand. Forget all about the book I was halfway through ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx