Thursday, April 28, 2011

DOING THIS MORE OFTEN.

 

The silence here this week means two things: we were away this easter, and I missed you, my blogging friends. Did you have a wonderful easter?

We did. A weekend away at Elmore/Rochester and a beautiful day worth boating with our girls. And while we were away, I did something that I haven't done for (wait for it), 18 years.

I skiied!

The water was freezing (it took a few seconds to catch my breath), the water was choppy (hello high seas), there was a head wind (that was cold too). I was aching the next day, but mildly impressed that I wasn't that sore.

But I was buzzing on the adrenalin. And can't wait until I do it again.


How about you? Have you done something recently that you haven't done for long, long time?

Why don't you join in? All you have to do is follow me, add your Try Something New post below and add a link back to me in your post. You can also include the lovely button (below)Then pop over to visit other bloggers who have done something new this week.



a day in the life of us




6 comments:

  1. Oh Kymmie, you even make water skiing stylish :)
    This was a favourite past time where I grew up...dad has always had a boat and ski's and everyone that visited partook in having a go...BUT I have always been too afraid of what was underneath to give it a try myself.
    Good for you!!
    So glad you are back.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl!!!! I'm dead impressed. The last time I water skiied was back in '87. I kinda miss it now. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you! I have never skiied. I'd probably not be able to stand up!
    And I am with Tammi - you even make water skiing look stylish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never mastered skiiing, but I am very happy to be in the boat just cruising around. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got back up on 1 ski!! I am impressed. How did your arms feel the next day? Surely they were pretty sore!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sense of adventure. I can never do that. No way! I'll die!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx