Friday, June 17, 2011

a day in the life of June


With all the rain we've been having, it's nice to go to an indoor play centre so the lads can get out all their wriggles. Also, I didn't have to hear "What are we doing today?" all day. Just the afternoon instead.

I lost my pedometer there too. Must have been all that climbing up and sliding down at the play centre (who said it's just for kids?). So, no counting steps until I can find a new one, or my old one. Perhaps a good excuse to go back there again next week?

And because my house was soooo dettol clean on Wednesday (thanks to my two year old's poo drama), I skipped cleaning the house today. How very rebellious of me. It took most of my will just not to care. But then tonight I visited one of my all-time favourite bloggers Maxabella Loves... and she had an awesome article about The Messy Charade and why we clean frantically before friends drop by. It certainly made me feel better about my decision not to clean. Especially because I know I'm having guests over tomorrow. After all, the house was cleaned two days ago. I'm trying not to let my OCD take over. As you can see.

How frantic are you before you have guests over? Do you love indoor play centres as much as I do?

8 comments:

  1. I am amazed that the house can stay clean for 2 days! LOL! I have friends over every Tuesday and I want to clean on Monday, my day off from work, but if I do, by Tuesday I have to do it all again before they arrive!! LOL! Yep, I am always paranoid about the state of my house when people come over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very proud of you Kymmie for suppressing your desire to clean the house! Very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep love play cafes - but never during school holidays (too busy!).
    And do I clean before guests? Really depends on who the guest is and how much value they place on a spotless home. If they like me just for me, then probably not.
    Love the outfit too - definitely my style (right down to the skinny cargos!!) - although your shoes are bit more groovy than mine :-)
    have a great weekend
    xxxCate

    PS: I'm on twitter now (squeal!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this outfit again - I think anything you combine with those cute shoes is a winner with me! I'm hopeless with the cleaning thing if anybody is coming to visit - it's like I go back into nesting mode. Crazy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeap I clean, especially when guests are coming over. that said I don't apologise for the state of my house, after I've cleaned, it is what it is, and once they've arrived, well then I don't really care if it looks like a bombs hit it. I just like it to start clean and tidy. who knows why!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job keeping this up every day. I am not sure why, but I am getting LOTs of hits from your blog to mine, whatever you are doing I love it, keep up the great work sending me traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes - to indoors play areas
    No - to cleaning...well mostly :) I figure I'll only have to do it once they leave anyway so I may as well save myself double the work.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE indoor play centres... in moderation of course... once every couple of months is a good dose. In wet weather, even better!
    Have to admit, if I know people are coming over, I run around like a mad chook cleaning and tidying. Mainly because I want the guests to feel comfortable and not have to yank toys out from under them everywhere they go to sit :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx