Wednesday, June 22, 2011

a day in the life of June


So, action shots are the way to go right now. And the best bit is that it doesn't matter if the picture is blurry. Besides, it kind of sums up my life right now.

Fast, and blurry.

And today, between my toddler breaking some glass, a few of his books (again!), a lip gloss, and so much more, I had one of those conversations with my best friend today. It went something like this:

"Hey Kymmie, I'm just waiting for my husband in the Ikea carpark and thought I'd give you a quick call. Hey, you know those size 00 clothes you lent for A. Do you want them back? I mean, just in case you're... well, you know..."

"Are you kidding? Have you met my boys?"

"I'm hearing you. There's always one that breaks the camel's back. I put A in childcare today because he was driving me nuts."

"Hearing you. But at least my back breaker was baby number two. Your's was baby number five! Noah has broken so many things today..."

"It must be a boy thing. K doesn't ever seem to do those sorts of things."

(I go on to list all the things my toddler has destroyed in the past few hours when...)

"Oh, can you hear that? K is actually snoring in her car seat. Listen to this. It's sooo cute!"

"Aaaw. Cute. So, you're actually in the car...?"

"Yeah, I'm waiting for P in the Ikea carpark..."

"Oh, that's right. Anyway, I had put Noah in the cot for his afternoon sleep, when I popped out for a quick photograph for my daily June thing - which is far more work than I thought it would be - then Noah was already outside..."

"I can't believe you have enough outfits to post every day. I think I would run out after a week."

"You know, that's what I thought. I feel like every single article of clothing would have been seen by the blogging world by the end of this month. And I don't even have as many clothes as you."

"Yeah, but I don't wear them. Besides I share my my walk in wardrobe with P. So, it's not as big as you think."

"Surely, you would surprise yourself."

"But you seem to have something completely different on every day."

"Yeah, but it's my gym gear often."

"I think if I threw out all the clothes I didn't wear then it would be a reality check as to how few clothes I really have... hey, I've gotta go. P is here. I'll call you later."

"Okay. Chat later."

That was sort of how it went, wasn't it Janine?

How do your conversations go with your best of friends? Do you ever finish one conversation before heading head on into the next one? Are you too busy to stop and chat for longer than a few minutes?

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Love the poncho action shot. It's like a cool version of a slanket. If you don't know what a slanket is, ask Al from Pink Fibro. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, nothing like reading a little piece of your life word for word! LOL! The funniest thing is that is the 2nd interrupted conversation we have had this week! We will get one of those leisurely 1 hour phone calls in one of these days!! I am not sure when, but it will happen! A bit like Pantene I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the action blurry shot!
    alot of my face to face conversations are like that, I tend to jump from one to the other..
    and as for boys...arghhh, gotta love them though ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kymmie, this post is SO cool. Yep, my besties and I rave on from one topic to the next, without so much as a breath... though we often have to talk over a huge racket going on in the background at both locations... our beautiful kidlets of course. They never like when you speak on the phone do they!?
    Noah sounds like my Felix... he is a wrecking ball. We had lunch at my friends place today and he broke a dinner plate, pulled out some drawers on her cabinet, attacked the fruit bowl and generally created havoc. Ah bless him!
    Love the pic, it looks like you had just done a big twirl and landed in time for the photo. Funky poncho xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the analogy of your photo and life. Might be why you accidentally put July in your date.
    My two year old came with me to a display at miss i's highschool today. We stayed as long as I could shove free samples from the student's displays into him and could no longer ignore the "I want to get out of the stroller" chant. Phew they are full on - especially boys.
    I always leave a conversation with friends thinking "did I get an answer to that?" and remembering half told stories to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep -again you;ve captured the essence of motherhood conversations! They are jam packed, jump in all different directions and we never seem to finish an actual topic! my kids are going through a phase of wanting to talk to anyone how phones! well at least it deters those pesky marketing people!!! love the poncho twirl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. Is there any way for a Mum with young kids to NOT have an interrupted conversation?! I can't remember the last time I had a conversation that didn't go like that!

    And yes, my son has been breaking lots of things lately too. My daughter sadly seems to think thats normal behaviour, but we're working on getting them out of that one! Thank goodness we're in our own house and not a rental any more or I'd be even more stressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can certainly attest to jumping from one topic to the next and often before the last one was finished.

    Love your poncho :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kymmie can I just say that I think you are ACE!! I have been reading your posts but due to my sick hubbie havent been able to comment as much as I would like - but I just felt like I wanted to say that I think your the bestest!!
    Have a great night x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx