Wednesday, November 02, 2011

EAT: FRUITY POWER BARS.


MAKES 24 | PREP 10 MINS + 2 HRS CHILLING TIME | VEGAN, DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE

When I posted this picture up on Instagram, I didn't think to put it on my blog. But thanks to the requests from Cherie at A Baby Called Max, and Dannii from Loving Whispers, here's the recipe!

Gluten free, dairy free, sugar-free (well, no granulated sugar!), and yet amazingly tasty! The kids love 'em. And so easy too. I'm so in love raw recipes right now. Firstly because they're so much more nutritious, and because they're so easy too!
I made this in my thermomix (the best invention ever!), but this can easily be made in your food processor or bar mix (you know, with a bowl). But if you do have a TM, you can see the exact instructions here. But it's really not that hard. And try to stop at just one! (Impossible.)

INGREDIENTS
50g natural almonds
50g raw cashews
150g pitted dates
50g raisins
60g natural puffed wheat (I used rice bubbles)
30g shredded coconut
70g sesame seeds (you could also use poppy seeds for a darker looking bar)
120g honey (I used rice malt syrup which has much less glucose in it)

METHOD

1 Place almonds and cashews into a food processor until finely ground. Set aside.
2 Place dates in food processor and chop until the dates resemble a paste.
3 Return chopped nuts to food processor and add remaining dry ingredients.
4 Add honey and mix until well combined.
5 Press mixture into slice pan and refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did! The recipe looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm yum yum yum!! It sounds absolutely delicious! AND looks it too!

    :) Hazel
    http://hazellovesdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, they look so good! thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm... a treat my vegan son could eat - no animal products! I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! These would be a lovely, filling, energy-filled snack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Kymmie, they look amazing! Loving every single one of those ingredients... NEVER would have thought to throw them all together like that, so thank you for sharing gorgeous :o) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx