Thursday, January 05, 2012

5 DAYS 5 WAYS [THE MINI]


Aaah, the afternoon with sunshine. How I'm loving it!

Spent a few hours with my Madison while Noah was in his room (I'd say sleeping, but I could hear him running around on the floorboards). Apart from the odd popping in to remind him that he should be sleeping, it was so cool to hang out with my big lad, seeing that our days at home are numbered. He starts school in three weeks!




We lazed around on the grass while I read, and while he nagged me about playing hide and seek (which we did), and then chasie (which we also did).

But what excited me the most today was finishing a book. Not only one actual book, but the sixth book in under two months. How utterly divine. I've fallen in love with books all over again, and it's just bliss. (I'm posting about the reading experience a little more later on next week if you're wondering about the books on The Pile...)


And because it's No Makeup Don't Go Anywhere But Clean The House Friday, we spent the morning culling toys and clothes (it's been a big day). So comfy clothes were a must. This top cost $12 from Target a couple of years back, and I loved it so much I bought another one in a different colour. Trust me, that's a big deal, because I'm not that kind of girl. The big batwings were perfect for breastfeeding Noah, and it was baggy enough to hide that lovely wobbly belly. Aah, the joys of motherhood!


And can you tell, I didn't even do my hair today. Yep, keeping it real.


Have you had a chance to enjoy some reading? Is it something you've rediscovered, or is it something you never get a chance to do?

Thanks for stopping by (and we'll see you again tomorrow)!

Kymmie wears: MINI SKIRT, Cotton On. OVERSIZED TOP, Target. THONGS, BigW. SUNGLASSES, Ishka. NECKLACE, Gift (thanks Trish!). PERSONALISED RING, Tildys. Madison wears: TSHIRT, Gumboots. SKINNY JEANS, Pumpkin Patch. THONGS, Target.


a day in the life of us

6 comments:

  1. Just rolled out of bed and wearing a hessian sack you my dear girl would still look like a super model! Truly gorgeous - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Kimmie and Maxabella said :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky, being able to wear a mini skirt. I couldn't... Thanks to my mother, I have the second-worst legs in the world (she takes the prize for the worst!) All thick with canckles and varicose veins... I wish I was brave enough to wear a mini anyway, but I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's it, I'm going to my hairdresser next week and asking for a "Kymmie" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful purple coloured top... and the pendant sets it off nicely. Another stunning look for you Kymmie. Love the pics with your little man, he is growing up so quickly xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx