Friday, September 20, 2013

LAD DATE: THE FIREHOUSE.

These dates with my lad are so much fun. It's a rarity that we go out, and making the time to do this before he goes to kinder next year, well it's just awesome. It's been so lovely to hang with my little energy bunny, and discover cafes in the Port Fairy region. Now we are back in Melbourne we can try new places to eat here too. But there are times when I just can't go past my favourites.

The Firehouse is just a short walk from where I work. It's seven minutes drive from where I live. It's a restored fire station and has lots of cozy rooms with lounges. So... perfect for a private catch up, or space to move about with kids. And it's the sort of food you'd head into the city for. I've never had a bad meal here, it's usually amazing. In fact, so good that the girl who loves a "new food sensation" (they're my husband's very words) is almost disappointed that they change their menu so regularly - some dishes are so good that I really would like to have it one more time. It seems I just don't get out often enough for that to happen.

This lad date came a little later in the day and so I was hungry. And when I'm this hungry, sweets won't do. I'm a savoury girl, and this russet burbank potato rosti with houn smoked salmon, snipped chives and truffle scented scrambled eggs really hit the spot. Totally satisfying. Because Noah had eaten his packed lunchbox a little earlier, he was happy to have a banana macadamia and butterscotch muffin with a baby hot chocolate. So good. (He might have shared it with me after I shared my rosti with him.)

Did I mention that The Firehouse make a super creamy hot chocolate, and their soy chai lattes are delish? See those marshmallows? Made in The Firehouse kitchen. Oh yes. Yes, they are.

WE VISITED The Firehouse | 253-257 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood Vic 3134 | (03) 9876 8100

NOAH WEARS LONG SLEEVED TOP,  BigW. TEE, WitcheryKids. HOODIE VEST, WitcheryKids. HAT, Myer. SKINNY JEANS, Target. BROOCH, c/o Mira Narnie.

Where is your absolute favourite food destination?

Thanks so much for stopping by for a virtual cuppa! For the whole Lad Date series, visit here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx