Wednesday, April 30, 2014

RIDING THE WAVE.


The shortest week in history has just finished: three whole days of school squeezed between Easter Monday and ANZAC Day. So it still feels like the school holidays.

It was all so good. Entirely over in a blink of an eye though. And I hardly took a photo. Not like me at all. But sometimes I just have to leave the camera behind, connect with my family, and be a little present a whole lot more.

There was a time this year where I felt I was staying on top of everything. You know, finding that work/life/sleep balance. Somewhere since the end of February I lost that feeling, and now I feel like I've caught the wave that takes me along for the ride. There's no stopping it. I just can't seem to get off and catch my breath.

I sit here and know I'm tired. Renovating has me working like a man (I mean that in a good way), and also eating like one too (I don't mean that in a good way). And while my energy has been sapped, I'm all too aware of the awesomeness of my life. I'm not meaning to sound ungrateful. This tired exhaustion is from the blissness of life. It's full, it's precious, it's amazing.

Right now I'm reflecting while taking the ride of my life. And hoping to catch a few big mouthfuls of sea air while I'm at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx